Monday, June 6, 2011

New hair color

This is my third time to color my hair other than black. First time I colored my hair was with a brown/orange shade when I was only 12 yrs. old. Talk about curiosity. Second time was red but I only applied the color underneath.
I colored my hair red when I was in my second year in college. My style back then would be described as rocker, rebel teen punk style. I'm really into punk, loud rock music. But now I learn to appreciate other genre of music like RnB and Hip Hop. Nothin' to lose here. :)

Then a opted a black long hair with bangs. Little trivia about me : I do style / cut / color my own hair. My mom was the only person to actually cut it. I dunno why, but I do go to salon for hot oil and other hair treatments other than hair coloring.
This was my previous hair color.

Now, colored it again. This time its a red-brown color or burgundy.

My hair grew a bit. Well its suppose to be. lol.

Coloring hair frequently dries up your hair. So I do practice bringing my hair in its natural color eventually and let it rest for a year or two. I also practice trimming it monthly to keep it healthy and free from split ends. Thanks for reading! Til' my next post! :)


8 comments:

  1. thanks for your comment. Followed you too dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there dear! Thanks for the comment and for following, I'm following you as-well!
    12 years old? OMG, I have never colored my hair and actually I love my color even though I use to had dark black hair which was great on me! I think I'm going to stay with my natural color for at least 5 other years! It looks fun in one hand, but on the other thinking that you should color them often it makes me say: Ok I'm going with natural! To be honest I like you more with the previous hair, but burgundy looks good on you 2!
    Hoping you had a great Monday
    http://kikisbookofdreams.blogspot.com/
    xoxo Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your hair looks great...I've only dyed my hair red, just recently and about 2 years ago. Following, would love if you could follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thx for following ^^
    Your hair color looks great!! I tried dying it a few yrs ago but I didn't like how the roots grow out. it took me so long to get back to my natural hair color! lol

    if your hair is dry from dying, use a deep conditioning mask a few times a week. it really helps! =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. @shinyPrettyThings thanks for that! I'll try that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your new hair color!! i use to have this hair color too hehe.. it looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the new hair color... its hot. i had colored my hair with highlights of blonde once and i didnt really like it. it gave people wrong impression of me. haha. so i dyed it black and just this summer, died it brunette. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. newer color looks more fierce!:) I hope to see you in my blog. :)

    http://abinavarrete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...