Tuesday, June 7, 2011

'twist then curl' hair tutorial

I blogged about this hair tutorial a few post back. Now this is the complete blog post. This is a very easy and super fast hair tutorial. It's perfect when you're out of electricity (for you curling iron) or you just don't own a curling iron. So here we go :


First, section your hair. Clip on the upper half of your hair. You need to start from underneath then work your way up cos' it's much easier.
Then grab a section of your hair (depends on how thick you want it). I chose to make thin curls since I have thin hair.

Then using your index and middle finger, roll up your hair, vertically. (as pictured above)

Then flip it again in a horizontal way.

Continue circling your hair horizontally on the section of hair your working with. It will look like on the picture above.

Then if you've reach 1/4 of the section lock it by sticking the end part of the it in the middle of your index and middle finger. Then push the twisted part downward to lock it all up. It should look like on the picture above.

This is how it should look like.

My hair all twisted. haha I sprayed each twisted curls with hairspray and just let it stay for about 2 to 4 minutes and your done! To unlock or untwist it all just pull the remaining part / hair (1/4 remaining) of the twisted hair.

Tada! This is the finish look! It took me or should I say my sister (the hands with blue nail polish on the pictures) about 6 minutes to finish / twist all my hair so all in all it took us 10 mins. for this look. Hope it helps for some of you. Thanks for dropping by. :)

13 comments:

  1. Great hair tutorial! Your hair looks really lovely and tousled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oi, the results are really nice ha? making me really miss my long hair na tuloy:(


    come visit e sometime?

    xx
    eden

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! thank u for the sweet comment.. and for following.. followed baCK ;)

    Sol

    http://paragonofchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay... how to curl tutorials! i need one. i really want to curl my hair, but my mom wouldn't allow me to get a perm. so what i usually do is to tie my hair into a bun and let it loose after a few hours. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi iryn,


    i can't actually tell you now if its easy to maintain since i actually just got it right before my trip to manila. it really burned my scalp though cuz it had to be bleached before the colour was applied. it really really fricking hurts! the salon people said that red is the hardest to maintain because it easily gets brassy or soething. hay nako. bakit ko pa pinasok hehe. worth it naman though at least for awhile\


    xx
    eden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randomly found you. Cute blog! FOLLOWED. keep it up <3 and hope you can follow me as well <3

    http://onthefword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg! this is the first time i have seen this technique!
    I will definitely try this! i just hope it will work because i have a very thick mane!


    http://mestizay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Iryn! nice meeting you too! im following your blog also. and oh, if my hair was longer, id def try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute hair. This looks really easy to do. Great blog. New follower. Check out my blog.

    -Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It came out looking wonderful! It goes so well with your fringe too!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. the curls look nice! new follower here! :)

    shopgirljen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a new technique for me, will try it out! yay! another pinay blogger, followed you!<3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...